Sunday, September 27, 2009

Randy Pausch's Last Lesture

I will admit, I did not want to watch this assignment. I thought is was to long and boring. I was wrong and I enjoyed every minute of it. Now, I will try to write four topics,but I do not know if I will remember it all. I will list the things that caught my attention and kept me focused.

1. I will start with his growing up experience. I like how his family really played a major role in his life. It seem as if his father new what was best for him. His father really kept him thinking and aware of things.I like how his parents allowed him to decorate his room with silver painting(elevator) and he painted the entire room.His college life seem interesting as well. Randy kept it real, by wearing his high school jacket to college. Most college students leave their jackets and school spirit shirts back at home. Unlike myself, I still wear my high school clothing to college. Being an opened minded child and student allowed him to achieve major success later in life.

2. Second, I will discuss his ability to work well with kids. To me, it seem he was one step ahead of his students. Randy stated,"giving students assignment that are hard will allow them to enjoy their lesson better." I like the internet usage with the students as well. The video of the students building a world for the rabbit was cool. I really thought that assignment was exciting. Exspecially,when the rabbit did not want the student to leave. He stated,"the students did not have to add that into the assignment",but I thought it was a great idea!

3. Third, I like his presentation. Through out his video,he kept the audience and myself very focused. He put on clothing,spoke very well,had a great slide show for a lot of topics and moved around in place. On most videos, people will be sitting in one spot are talking in the same tune.He did not stay on one topic, but he discuss many topics. A lot of topics were educational and I did learn a lot from this video. Just wait on a person,they may make many mistakes,but if you wait on them, they will show you the good side of them. He stated,"it might take them a while to get there,but just wait".

4. Fourth, he did not just talk about himself, he include people who help him get to where he is now. In some of his slides where students who achieve goals and plenty of his old bosses. The ending of this video was really great. I like how he showed honor to his wife for her birthday. At the very end of this video,Randy Pausch stated,"this show is for my children". He is a great person in general!!

I enjoyed this long video and very glad I decided to watch my assignment! I will take what I have learn and use it into my teaching field!

No comments:

Post a Comment